As we begin 2018, the National Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education and the American Interprofessional Health Collaborative (AIHC) are excited to announce their collaboration to better serve the interprofessional education and collaborative practice community. AIHC develops the scholars and leaders who advance interprofessional education and transform health professions education across the learning continuum, for students, practitioners, and educators.
The mission of the American Interprofessional Health Collaborative (AIHC) is to improve health outcomes by fostering a learning community with a shared commitment to collaboration across health professions.
To do that, we need you!
Why Join AIHC?
By becoming affiliated with AIHC, you can be part of an interprofessional community shaping the future of interprofessional practice and education – and solidifying your role in it.
Increase Your Expertise – Take advantage of continuing education and professional development opportunities for faculty, practitioners and learners to improve performance, demonstrate national influence, and gain advancement opportunities.
Advance Knowledge – Connect with other researchers to gain greater understanding of the existing and emerging evidence about interprofessional practice, research and education. Participate in a valuable, two-way conduit by adding to the research and taking advantage of learning opportunities and resources yourself.
Meet Rising Demand – Learn from research, training opportunities, scalable project results and continuous evaluation models how clinicians and practice management executives can maximize the capacity of the current healthcare workforce to meet the increasing demand for care.
Drive Change – Advocate for consensus-based change in healthcare and health professions education...change that’s focused on the interests of patients and communities, rather on a single profession.
Build the Future – Transform today’s momentum for interprofessional education and collaborative practice into lasting progress.
Who Should Join?
- AIHC affiliation is open to individuals who are interested in transforming health in the United States through interprofessional collaboration. Individual affiliates include:
- Health care team members
- Health professions educators
- Organizational and institutional leaders
- Public health professionals
- Care coordinators
- Administrators of health care delivery and payment systems
- Patients, family and caregivers
- Community representatives
- Emerging health professionals
What Do I Get?
- Collaboration and connection with other AIHC members and organizations
- Personalized member certificate
- Quarterly newsletter
- Advance notice and reduced registration fees for Collaborating Across Borders conference, National Center Summit, AIHC webinars, affiliated regional-conferences and other National Center activities
- Exclusive member-only activities including webinars, special programming, and events at national meetings
- Online access to learning tools, informational resources and current research in the field of interprofessional practice and education
- Opportunities for national-level service through committee involvement
- Discounts on regional conferences endorsed by AIHC
- Involvement in the AIHC/National Center Mentorship program
- Participation in members-only forums and other leadership development opportunities
What is the Cost?
To join AIHC, please select the membership that best meets your needs and click the appropriate hyperlink:
*We recommend using Mozilla Firefox browser to purchase your membership. The registration website is often incompatible with Internet Explorer. We advice against using Internet Explorer to purchase your membership.
Annual Membership - enjoy the full benefits of AIHC membership including recognition as a member for annual fee of $150
AIHC would like to thank the University of Minnesota for hosting the platform that provides the service to purchase our memberships. Please note that you will need to set up an account with the University of Minnesota registration system to complete your membership transaction. As a result there is a 2 step process you will be taken through once you click the links above.
To renew an AIHC membership, you will need to use the same University of Minnesota internet ID (your e-mail address) and password you used to purchase your 2016 and/or 2017 membership. It’s the same username and password you use to register for AIHC webinars and the Nexus Summit. We recommend writing this password down for future use.
If you need assistance or have specific questions on membership, please contact Sean Johnson at email@example.com.