As the professional community aligned with National Center, AIHC contributes to better health and improved outcomes by redesigning how the health care workforce is trained and how care is organized and delivered. AIHC members work locally, nationally and internationally to influence policy, develop and share best practices and resources, conduct research, mentor and support colleagues and remove barriers to effective action.
As a community of professionals committed to interprofessional practice and education, AIHC inspires colleagues and creates opportunities to come together, learn and grow.
- Connect -- Build relationships with other health professionals who share your passion for interprofessional practice and education and understand the field and its challenges.
- Gain new knowledge -- Learn more about interprofessional best practices and new models at conferences, through webinars and during networking events.
- Share expertise -- Take advantage of opportunities to share what you know and what you have learned. Contribute to the growing body of knowledge about the field.
- Grow -- Get involved in AIHC mentoring and leadership development programs to enhance your career and advance the field.
- Drive change -- Engage actively in this dynamic, professional community to accelerate implementation of interprofessional strategies in both educational and clinical settings.
Who Should Join?
AIHC is open to individuals who are interested in transforming health in the United States through interprofessional collaboration. Members may include:
- Health care team members
- Health professions educators
- Organizational and institutional leaders
- Public health professionals
- Care coordinators
- Administrators of health care delivery and payment systems
- Patients, family and caregivers
- Community representatives
- Emerging health professionals
- Collaboration and connection with other AIHC members and organizations
- Personalized member certificate
- Quarterly newsletter and monthly briefs
- Advance notice and reduced registration fees for Collaborating Across Borders conference, National Center Summit, AIHC webinars, affiliated regional-conferences and other National Center activities
- Exclusive member-only activities including webinars, special programming, and events at national meetings
- Online access to learning tools, informational resources and current research in the field of interprofessional practice and education
- Opportunities for national-level service through committee involvement
- Involvement in the AIHC/National Center Mentorship program
- Participation in members-only forums and other leadership development opportunities
What is the Cost?
AIHC memberships are purchased at the indiviudal level and valid for one year from the date of purchase. The expiration date is the end of the month of purchase. AIHC members enjoy 12 months of professional engagement, support and interaction through special communications, networking opportunities and discounts throughout the year.
To join AIHC, please select the membership that best meets your needs and click the appropriate hyperlink:
*We recommend using Mozilla Firefox browser to purchase your membership. The registration website is often incompatible with Internet Explorer. We advice against using Internet Explorer to purchase your membership.
Annual Membership - enjoy the full benefits of AIHC membership including recognition as a member for annual fee of $150
Student Membership - enjoy the benefits of AIHC student membership including recognition as a member for annual fee of $ 30
AIHC would like to thank the University of Minnesota for hosting the platform that provides the service to purchase our memberships. Please note that you will need to set up an account with the University of Minnesota registration system to complete your membership transaction. As a result there is a 2 step process you will be taken through once you click the links above.
To renew an AIHC membership, you will need to use the same University of Minnesota internet ID (your e-mail address) and password you used to purchase your 2017 and/or 2018 membership. It’s the same username and password you use to register for AIHC webinars and the Nexus Summit. We recommend writing this password down for future use.
If you need assistance or have specific questions on membership, please contact Sean Johnson at email@example.com.