2021 AIHC Award Nominations
Nominations for the 2021 AIHC Awards are now open!
The AIHC Scholarship Committee, in conjunction with the AIHC Scholarship Awards Subcommittee, would like to announce a call for nominations for 5 (five) AIHC Awards.
- AIHC Outstanding Faculty Mentor Award
- AIHC Interprofessional Practice Award
- AIHC Scholarship Award
- AIHC Interprofessional Educator Award
- AIHC Student Award for Interprofessional Collaborative Practice
More information on each award, including application procedures, selection criteria and the form to submit nominations & application packets, can be found within the links above.
Nominations will be accepted until July 30, 2021. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
2020 AIHC Award Winners
The awards are:
|AIHC Outstanding Faculty Mentor Award
In recognition of a faculty member for oustanding mentorship of students and/or peers in interprofessional education and/or practice.
- Joy Doll. OTD, OTR/L, FNAP, Nebraska Health Information Initiative
|AIHC Interprofessional Educator Award
In recognition of an individual who demonstrates excellence in interprofessional teaching.
- Josette Rivera, MD, University of California San Francisco
- Dr. Josette Rivera has been a leader in IPE at the University of California San Francisco as well as nationally and has tremendous skills as an interprofessional educator through direct teaching, innovative interprofessional curricular development and developing a campus-wide approach to assessing interprofessional competencies.
Dr. Rivera has disseminated her interprofessional work widely at conferences and through publications and takes a scholarly view of opportunities to improve the approach to interprofessional education through rigorous evaluation of curricular innovations.Her teaching is consistently rated highly by learners who comment on her ability to engage across the professions, help apply concepts to real word settings, and create a safe and welcoming space for learning.
As a geriatrician, Dr. Rivera brings deep knowledge about the importance of interprofessional care to the classroom and clinical setting and has been a key contributor to the development and implementation of the interprofessional standardized patient exercise (ISPE) for students from different professions to apply interprofessional skills and receive feedback from faculty and peers on their interprofessional collaboration skills.
|AIHC Student Award for Interpofessional Collaborative Practice
In recognition of a student who has demonstrated consistent engagemnt in an interprofessional collaborative practice within the clinic, classroom, and/or community.
- Jadesola (Jade) Giwa, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Jadesola (Jade) Giwa is a natural leader and advocate for interprofessional practice at UNC-CH. She served as the inaugural chair of the Student Executive Committee (SEC) and laid the foundation for several interprofessional activities, including completion of the Rural Interprofessional Health Initiative.
Under her leadership, SEC has a structure and framework that supports a rich and diverse community for interprofessional engagement where students gain knowledge, expand their networks, and adopt a more holistic view of care. She has tackled the difficult challenge of culture change head on and has shifted the image of IPE from a requirement to must be checked off, to a community and culture that is sought out and desired by both current and prospective students.
A special thank you to the AIHC Student Engagement Committee Members and AIHC Awards Committee Members who reviewed Poster and/or Award Nomination Submissions:
• Diane Bridges Ph.D., MSN, RN, CCM Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, Chicago Medical School
• Erica Chou MD Medical College of Wisconsin
• Erin Breitenbach Ph.D. A.T. Still University
• Kyle Warkentin BScN Thompson Rivers University
• Mary Mauldin Ed.D. Medical University of South Carolina
• Sherry Jimenez Ed.D., FNAOME DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine
• Teri Stumbo PhD, PT, FASAHP Des Moines University
• Tom Backer MA, MDIV, BCC, ACPE Certified Educator CHI Health System–Creighton Univ.
• Maura A. Nitka MSN, RN, CPN Drexel University
• Scott Bennie, PT, DSc, MBA, FNAP Kettering College